advertisement feature

van hire insurance

minibus hire insurance

guides for driving abroad
advice on car / van rental

collision damage waiver /cdw

travel insurance
temporary car / van insurance

media / press


car hire

self drive hire vehicle company rental insurance

privacy policy/cookies

car club insurance



Protect your van hire excess

Loss Damage Waiver Excess Reimbursement Insurance - Van Daily Policy

For just £7.99 per day, you can be protected against Van Excess charges.

Key Features

  • Excess on damage and theft in full
  • Up to £2,000 for any single incident
  • Damage to windows and tyres
  • Damage to wing mirrors
  • Damage to the roof and undercarriage
  • Baggage cover also included
  • All additional drivers named on your rental agreement
  • One to 180 days per rental
  • The product will cover you anywhere in Europe, however unfortunately our van excess insurance is not valid for rental vehicles picked-up in other countries only when they rented in the UK

How it works

Excess cover is a voluntary insurance. Decline the van rental company’s Excess cover at the counter when you collect the van. If the van is damaged or stolen, the van rental company will charge your credit card for the Excess amount and you then claim for full reimbursement on your Policy from

We insure the Policy Holder, not the rental vehicle. You will need to ensure that your credit card has enough credit to cover the full excess amount at the time of collecting the van, even if your credit card is never charged.

Main Conditions- See Full Policy For All of these

  • Does not cover trucks, commercial vehicles and vans with more than an unloaded weight of 3.5 Metric Tonnes.
  • Drivers must be aged 21-84 years

5 reasons to choose van hire excess insurance

  • Covers damage to windows, tyres undercarriage and roof
  • Covers up to seven additional named drivers
  • Up to £2,000 for any single incident
  • Up to 7 additional drivers
  • Reduces to Zero excess


Q: Does my rental agreement already include insurance?

A: As you are hiring in the UK, the answer is Yes. Your rental agreement should include cover for: Damage to the rental vehicle - known as CDW (Collision Damage Waiver) or LDW (Loss Damage Waiver), Third Party Liability and Theft. There is almost always an Excess (also known as Super CDW, the Deductible, or Non-Waiver) on the CDW and Theft part of the rental agreement. This Excess is likely to range from about £500 to £1,600. It is this Excess which is covered by our insurance Policies.

Q: Will the van rental company block any money on my credit card when I have your Excess insurance?

A: Each rental company will have their own policy and procedures on deposits. A number of companies block a sum equal to the Excess on the credit card while others merely take an imprint.

Q: Are other people travelling with me covered?

A: Yes, our policies cover the policyholder, who must always be the person renting the vehicle, and all drivers named on the rental agreement, up to a maximum of seven.

Q: Do you cover vehicles such as Camper Vans and Caravans?

A: No, we do not cover camper vans or caravans. We only cover commercial vehicles up to 3.5tonnes in weight.

Q: How does your Insurance work?

A: It is not necessary to show the Policy to the rental company. You simply decline the rental company’s own Excess insurance at the counter. You will need to ensure that your credit card has enough credit to cover the full excess amount at the time of collecting the vehicle, even if your credit card is never charged. Any charges for any damage or theft of the vehicle will be made to your credit card by the rental company and you then claim for reimbursement against our policy.

Q: What age range is covered by your Policies?

A: Our van rental excess insurance policies cover those aged 21-84

Q: How do I make a Claim on my Excess Insurance?

A: You should contact our claims management company within 31 days to notify them of the loss and request a Claim Form. Their contact details are contained in your Policy document. You should then complete and submit the claim form, supported by the documentation that is relevant in your case.; The full list of supporting documentation is as follows:

  • Copy of your insuremyvanhire Certificate of Insurance
  • Copy of Rental Contract
  • A copy of your Charge Receipt (if separate from the Rental Agreement)
  • A copy of the Law Enforcement / Police Report (if the incident has been serious enough to merit calling the police)
  • The Renter's copy of the Vehicle Rental Company accident damage report
  • Invoices / Receipts / other documents confirming the amount you have paid in respect of Accident / Damage / Loss etc. for which the Vehicle Rental Company holds you responsible is part of Insurance4carhire, a company formed in 2002 as an innovative online company specialising in the provision of polices to cover excess on car hire. provides policies that cover you for the excess that is payable on the theft and damage portions of the van rental. and are trading names of Towergate Underwriting Group Ltd which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, Register Number 313250. The company is registered in England and Wales, Company No. 4043759. The Registered Address is: Towergate House, Eclipse Park, Sittingbourne Road, Maidstone. Kent. ME14 3EN.


Car hire excess insurance find out more here





See also: Useful tips when hiring a van

Find us at | | | jml Property Services are members of the Riviera Business Club (RBC) in the Côte d'Azur France 

© 2009-2017 jml Property Services - All rights reserved